Monday, 6 February 2017

Question 4 - DRAFT


Research and planning:

YouTube was one of the main research source which helped me to discover useful music videos for my case studies. We could look at existing music videos to get ideas and apply it to our video. This could be shot types or editing techniques or a similar storyline from the same artist.

Moodle helped with documents we needed for tasks like call sheets, risk assessments, measurements for our digipack, treatment guide and templates.

Whatsapp: helped with communicating with other members of the group and organise team meetings or link ups for another shoot or photography session. This also helped with gathering feedback from friends.

Construction:

 We used the Canon DSLR camera for photography and the music video. The cameras were quite straightforward to use after we were taught on how to use this. We were taught the basic of the camera on settings we were taught on exposure, focus settings and the adjustments. Angles and positioning of the camera came naturally and worked well with what we had. I’ve used a camera before and my photography skills are good because I do graphics so that helps with any design work in media. Overall, the experience of using the camera was good because of the outcome of both print products and music video.

Camera equipment: we used a tripod and a hand held tripod to get steady shots. We used artificial lights for most of the shots to capture the facial expressions, most of our shoots were taken in the evening so it was quite dark anyway therefore an artificial light was used.

Final cut pro: This technology helped us edit the whole music video on the IMAC. I had no experience with this software in the past but I got the hand of it after one session of using it. We worked as a group and learnt different things while working with each other. We also used YouTube to help us with some elements such as how to do a split screen which is seen in our music video.  We all took turns in editing so we get a fair chance on it.

Adobe Photoshop: I used Photoshop to create the digipack. I use Photoshop all the time in graphics and I know more than the basics which helped a lot when editing my images. I’m creative and good with design so the layout and positioning of the product was fine for me. I did a few experimentation work before my final outcome and I just kept developing my ideas to get to where I am now and that’s key to design work, you just keep developing to get to your final outcome.

Evaluation:

Prezi: Prezi is simple and easy to use which is why I chose to use this for one of my questions, I use Prezi quite a lot to present my work because it’s visually appealing and easily embedded onto blogger.

Slide share: slide share is one of the easiest technologies to use because its PowerPoint uploaded on the internet. Easy to apply plenty of information and still make it look presentable. This technology doesn’t take too much time to produce which is why I chose it for question 1.

Blogger: This helped document all our work and keep up to date on where we are. We can easily keep it updated from our phones and it helps to keep all my stuff in one place in order.
My skills have developed a lot since last year, Photoshop skills have developed massively and I have learnt how to use a final cut pro which was new to me. My design skills have improved by a lot since last year and I am able to develop my work further to make it look professional and sophisticated.

No comments:

Post a Comment